Get Ready for Move-In Day 2011!
August 15, 2011 § Leave a comment
With Move-In Day on the horizon, some of you may be looking forward to it with boundless excitement. Others may be a little apprehensive. Whichever side of the coin you land on, here are some tips to help you get through the day:
- Be patient. There will be a lot of students and parents looking for help on Move-In Day. You may find yourself waiting in quite a few lines (this includes the local department stores, too). Take a deep breath and remember things will quiet down.
- Welcome Crew volunteers (the purple shirt people) will be on campus to help with parking, traffic control, checking-in and moving your stuff. If you need something, feel free to ask a Welcome Crew volunteer!
- Meal plan changes need to be made in person at the Housing office. Plans can only be lowered within the first 10 days of the academic year, but they can be raised at any time.
- Thinking about lofting? Talk to your RA upon check-in. They will help you get what you need to maximize your space.
- Don’t be afraid to talk to your RA. RAs are not scary monsters. If you have a problem, tell them about it. They are there to help you out as you adjust to campus life.
- Have some fun. Whether it’s a cool treat at the Lakeview or a nice stroll around one of Winona’s lakes, take some time to unwind with your family. (Note that local restaurants may be busy around lunchtime.)